Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Goodbye City Life!

Well, we did it.  We are here.

It's been a hell of a ride and the ride hasn't stopped quite yet.

The past month has consisted of so many wild and crazy events.  The beginning of the month started with flooding.......... again.  It was bad enough that we were once again flooded out of our neighborhood in Valley Park but to make matters more interesting, the Bourbeuse River flooded and we had to take the long way to the Union house.



Next up, Jim has to travel to Israel for a week. Didn't expect that!   What a great opportunity for Jim though!  We were able to talk every day and I got to hear so many good stories.  He wasn't able to do much sight seeing but he definitely got to experience a lot of the culture.  Wish I had been able to join him.  We are such good travel partners!  Instead, I had 8 days to get a lot done at two houses.  On Tuesday I had a "packing party" .  At least ten of my dear friends showed up in support of my insanity and worked their tails off.  I am so appreciative of each of them including those that couldn't make it but offered to help at other times.  I have some really awesome friends!

During the time Jim was gone I did manage to have some fun also.  On Saturday I met up with some friends and went to an art show that was being put on by another friend of ours.  Mimosas in the morning while looking at art is always a good way to start the day!    Then there was my great-niece's birthday party.  She's five and just such a sweetheart.  It was nice to see family even though I wasn't able to stay as long as I would have liked.

Then there was Strawberry picking and gardening.  Hands in the dirt!  Such a great time.
Dinner at the Hart's with a group of friends was another great highlight of the weekend.

So basically a lot of fun and a LOT of work while Jim was gone.  I'm so glad I was able to talk to him throughout the week.

Two days after he returned the movers showed up to move us.  That was insanity! But it all got done.  Well, almost.  It just never seemed to be completely done.

My son's birthday and Mother's Day were not given the attention they deserved.    I am so proud of my son and his family.  I wish I could have seen him but at least I was able to talk to him a few times during the week.  David is my pride and joy.  He has grown into this wonderful adult that I so admire. Happy Mother's Day to me!


We were able to have a nice Mother's Day with Mom and the family. We had a great time (as we always do with this group!)  and the food was fantastic!


The following week was Jaimey's graduation.  Such a beautiful graduate!  She was so calm and was really able to enjoy her day.



And now, we come to today.  The last day before we close on the Valley Park house.  We (I) am exhausted.  I took the night off to read, write and relax........... and make lists of all the things I have to do over the weekend.  Jim, on the other hand, borrowed Korey's tractor and worked on our road. Love this man!




Well, gotta go now.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment